How Many Weddings Per Year Do We Shoot?
One of the most common questions we get from inquiring minds is, “How many weddings do you shoot in a year?” On average, we shoot anywhere from 20-25 weddings each year. This year we have 23 weddings in the books and in 2014 we shot 21.
How Many Weddings Has JessFoto Shot Total?
The follow-up question to that is always, “So how many weddings has Jess shot total?” Your guess is as good as ours! Haha! But in all honesty, we don’t know an exact number. This is what we DO know: JessFoto began shooting weddings in 2000. So we are in our 15th year. (YAY!!) Throwback to fifth grade math. For the first couple of years in business Jess was probably averaging around 10-15 weddings a year. So our best educated guess would have to be anywhere from 250-300 weddings over the span of 15 years. That is a LOT of “I Do’s.”
Does anyone else like knowing facts? LDC is a nerd. Don’t judge. Here are some facts pulled from a 2014 survey conducted by TheKnot on wedding averages:
Top 2014 Wedding Statistics
- Average Wedding Cost: $31,213 (excludes honeymoon)
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,357
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Number of Guests: 136
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4 to 5 — I bet they had some number like 4.6 and obviously you can’t cut a person in half…
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4 to 5 — again with cutting people in half…
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June (15%) followed by October (14%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Ivory/White (44%), Blue (37%), Pink (28%), Metallics (26%), Purple (23%)
- Dark blue specifically has continued to grow every year, from 10% in 2008 to 24% in 2014
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
In a nut shell, weddings can cost a pretty penny and if you decide to go the destination route – we will gladly come along!
leave a comment