MandaMonium | Manda Carco Makeup Artist
Having worked alongside MANY people in the industry, we can say without a shadow of a doubt Manda, owner of MandaMonium, is the best. Yes, she has some serious talent and was able to make the JessFoto team look drop dead gorgeous when we did our company headshots. BUT that isn’t even our favorite part about her – she is one of the most down to earth, funny, and genuinely kind people we have ever crossed paths with. So, yes, many people have talent in the industry, HOWEVER, Manda is the best because of everything else that she brings to the table.
I’ve been a professional makeup artist for about 13 years (OMG how am I even old enough for that to be true?!) and I do about 24 weddings a year give or take, not enough!
2. What do you feel sets you apart from other Makeup Artists in the wedding industry?
I don’t compare myself to other artists, but what makes me special is that I listen to my clients needs and wants. Their wedding day is about the wedding they have dreamed of. I bring my creativity along with my hair and makeup skills to bring their vision of how they want to look on that special day to life.
3. What do you enjoy most about working in the wedding industry?
Being a part of every woman’s most special day and meeting so many different people. It’s truly an honor.
4. When meeting with brides who don’t know much about makeup or hair, what is the biggest tip you find yourself giving them?
Don’t stray too far from who you are. While it’s amazing to dress up and get really fancy, don’t ever do something you are not 100% comfortable with to be on trend. Wedding photos are forever.
5. What current trend in wedding makeup and hair do you personally like the most?
I’m loving the strobing technique. It really just brightens the face and gives it a beautiful glow. Romantic messy updos will always be my favorite for hair.
6. Any fun-facts that we should really know that would contribute even more to your coolness?
When I’m not making the world a beautiful place through hair and makeup I’m making it a more beautiful place by rescuing dogs.
7. Can you share recent references and examples of your work?
I can send you photos or you can pull anything you want off of my Facebook bridal album!
8. What’s your payment structure and cancellation policy?
50% deposit to hold the date, refundable up to 90 days before the wedding date, after which it is not.
9. What’s your backup plan should you fall ill or otherwise not be available at the time of the wedding?
I have a list of makeup artists that have the same high skill set that I have and use the same high quality products that I use, in my network that we call on each other in these cases. I would have to be in real bad shape for this to even be needed, but am so grateful to have them if ever the need comes up.