LMV Productions | Matt Forcier – Videographer
If you were to ask most photographers how they feel about working with videographers, you would receive a mixed bag. My guess though, is that the majority would probably be less than thrilled with teaming up with a videographer. Why? In most instances, it ends up being a very careful dance of not stepping on each other’s toes, so to speak, to get the “perfect shot.” In all the years JessFoto has been shooting weddings, we have only found a handful that are as respectful as we would hope they be – and LMV Productions takes the cake… and ice cream. And cherry. And whip cream. And sprinkles. In fact, we will immediately email each other when a bride or groom asks for a referral for a videographer/photographer and say – “HEY!!! Hope we can work together on this wedding!!!!”
1. How long have you been in business? How many weddings do you film each year?
This is my 5th year filming weddings (whoa, time flies!) And we do around 20 weddings per season.
2. What do you feel sets you apart from other videographers in the wedding industry?
We really pride ourselves on great customer service & constant open communication with our couples! We will answer your phone calls. We will respond to your e-mails in a timely fashion. We know how stressful planning a wedding can be, and we want your experience with us to be as easy as possible!
Also, our films are very story driven! We love using live audio from either your vows or speeches to help tell the story of your wedding day!
3. What do you enjoy most about working in the wedding industry?
We get to work with people on the happiest day of their lives! Seriously, everyone is so genuinely happy on their wedding day and to be able to capture that on film for the couple to hang onto forever is so exciting for us!
4. When meeting with brides who don’t know much about videography, what is the biggest tip you find yourself giving them?
Not getting your wedding filmed is the number one regret for couples. You spend countless hours planning, organizing, and fantasizing about your wedding day and it’s all over just like that (snapping my fingers). To be able to go back and relive your wedding day is priceless. To see your dad walk you down the aisle, or hear your vows to one another; getting a wedding film is the only way to freeze those moments and watch them again & again.
5. Any fun-facts that we should really know that would contribute even more to your coolness?
I like to watch Jaws every July 4th! 40 years later and I still think it’s the best movie of all time 🙂
6. Can you share recent references and examples of your work?
7. What’s your payment structure and cancellation policy?
We require a $1,000 retainer to officially hold the date. Then 50% of the remaining balance three months prior to the wedding, and the final 50% one month prior.
However, some couples like to pay it off early, or put more upfront, so we are very flexible!
8. What’s your backup plan should you fall ill or otherwise not be available at the time of the wedding?
We have a network of 5 videographers who we film with on a regular basis that would happily be able to step in and take the lead on your wedding day! We wouldn’t even miss a beat!
9. What are your travel and/or overtime fees?
There is no additional travel cost for New England Weddings.
Overtime fees is $300/hour, however our Wedding Day Package comes with 8-hours of coverage, which normally is enough for the couple!
10. Any other tidbits you want readers to know?
Just that JessFoto rocks and you will be so happy with them as your photographer!!
Follow Matt and the LMV Gang’s Day-to-Day:
Check out LMV Productions full list of information (along with our other favorite vendors).