When is the best time for a photo session? Why?
So you want to learn about the ‘golden hour’, huh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. You may or may not have noticed that all of our open availability for sessions is in the evening approximately two hours before sunset. We do have some daytime sessions available in the mornings, but we prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the lighting is absolutely perfect.
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot, so you’re able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During ‘Golden Hour’, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- We can also get some awesome silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.
On the flip side, the absolute worst time to have a photo shoot is when the sun is at its highest point, otherwise known as the best time to get a tan. Haha! 10am to 2pm is an absolute no-no in the photography world unless you have ample amounts of trees or shade.